top of page

The importance of having normal cholesterol levels.

Hi Hi..!!!! Today I want to talk to you about the importance of having cholesterol in normal ranges, but the first thing we must know is that our body produces the cholesterol it needs, and if we do not have a healthy diet that is full of saturated fat, we are going to decompensate our body . Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance found in every cell in our body. The body needs some cholesterol to make hormones, vitamin D, and substances that help digest food. Our body produces all the cholesterol we need. If we have a high consumption of foods of animal origin, such as egg yolks, meat and cheeses, we are consuming cholesterol.

We always hear about good cholesterol or bad cholesterol, the good cholesterol or HDL carries cholesterol from other parts of the body back to the liver, and the liver then removes cholesterol from the body. Bad cholesterol or LDL when it is in high levels carries a build-up of plaque to the arteries. I am explaining this to you in a very simple way so as not to complicate the issue, and take the necessary awareness to change eating habits and therefore have our cholesterol levels in normal ranges and thus ensure that we have good cardiovascular health. Food plays a very important role in this issue, we can say that it covers 80%, the remaining 20% ​​having physical activity, and knowing how to live life. Eat a lot of harmful fats, saturated fats are found in some meats, dairy products, chocolate, packaged foods, baked, fried. Eating these fats raises your bad cholesterol, or LDL. A sedentary lifestyle reduces good cholesterol, or HDL. Being overweight can also increase levels of bad or LDL cholesterol in the blood, so losing weight to a healthy weight where the body fat index is in normal ranges for your weight, age, and height is vital. Most important of all, lower your cholesterol through healthy eating changes: Focus on vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Eliminate dairy and if it is very difficult for you to leave them at 100%, look for those that are low in fat. No fatty meats, coconut oil, palm and corn oil, cold cuts, non-canned processed foods. Not to sugar or refined flours. Eat foods with soluble fibers: they help prevent the digestive tract from absorbing cholesterol, here you can consume oats, oat bran, beans, chickpeas, broad beans, etc. Eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids: This will help lower the levels of bad cholesterol or LDL and can help raise the good cholesterol or HDL. You can consume salmon or tuna twice a week. Eating healthy should be a pleasure not a chore by obligation, so change your way of thinking and decide for your health. Come to the Regenerative Medicine Center and consult with one of our specialists in Systemic Medicine.



bottom of page